Sunday, February 5, 2012

Make Your Own Baby Ring Sling!


     I am a big fan of babywearing and the ring sling is one of my favorites, it distributes the weight of the baby in a way that doesn't cause me any pain, I also made my own moby wrap and really liked it but for some reason my twins don't really like being in that one.  Wraps can cost a lot of money and honestly are very easy to make, when my 1st child was a baby I bought an Aloha Baby sling for $40 but I was able to make my own at $10-15 a piece....how great is that!!!  All you need is 2 - 2 1/2 yards of fabric, fold in half with the print facing each other and sew along the edge, then flip the fabric right side out and sew along the open end ( you can also add a pocket to this if you would like).  Then all you need to do is thread it with a pair of ring slings from slingrings.com for about $4.  I have posted below a video on how to thread your ring sling without having to sew the rings on and a video on how to make it just in case you didn't understand my instructions.  It is very sturdy as long as you thread it right....don't worry if it takes you few practice tries to get it right! 




No comments:

Post a Comment