Tuesday, March 6, 2012

English Muffin Bread!

   I had never made a loaf of bread before until this recipe, and oh my goodness am I glad I did!  My friend Tahlor had posted on her Facebook about this recipe and raved about how good it was so I knew I needed to try it!  The recipe for Carole's English Muffin Bread makes 4  regular sized loafs but I made mine in mini loaf pans and halved the recipe because I didn't have enough flour on hand that day!  This bread was a hit with everyone in my family...my grandma was visiting and she loved it too!  The recipe comes from "one good thing" by jillee and if you go to the link they have a step by step picture tutorial for you to look at!


INGREDIENTS
5 1/2 cups warm water
3 packages yeast
2 tablespoons salt
3 tablespoons sugar
11 cups flour (i used all purpose)

MAKE IT
1. Mix altogether, let rise in bowl until double in bulk, the spoon into (4) well greased loaf pans. Let rise in pans until dough reaches the top of the pan, and bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown. 10 minutes before its done, brush with melted butter.  (bread will be moist at first, allow to cool completely before cutting..makes terrific toast!)

No comments:

Post a Comment