Monday, December 5, 2011

Dijon-Tarragon Cream Chicken!


  I love love love this chicken recipe! My friend Rebecca made it for me once and it was so delicious I just had to have the recipe! The recipe comes from allrecipes.com!  It calls for fresh tarragon but I used the dried tarragon leaves from McCormick and I think it turns out just fine!

INGREDIENTS
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon

MAKE IT
1. Melt the butter and heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, and place in  the skillet. Brown on both sides. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and continue cooking for 15 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear. Set aside and keep warm.
2. Stir cream into the pan, scraping up brown bits. Mix in mustard, and tarragon. Cook and stir 5 minutes, or until thickened. Return chicken to skillet to coat with sauce. Drizzle chicken with remaining sauce to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment