Monday, December 26, 2011

Snickerdoodles!

     This year for Santa I decided I was not going to make sugar cookies because they just get so messy and with the babies I really didn't feel like having frosting everywhere when they would eat them so I was looking for a less messy but still very yummy cookie to make.  I decided I would make snickerdoodles...I had never made them before.  I tried a different snickerdoodle recipe right before this one and it was horrible...I threw away the batter and searched for a different one.  I found this recipe at allrecipes.com and I love it!

INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons white sugar (topping)
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (topping)


MAKE IT
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Combine 1 1/2 cups white sugar, butter or margarine, vanilla, and eggs. Mix well.
3. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Blend well. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Combine 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon. Roll dough in sugar/cinnamon mixture and place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Immediately remove from cookie sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment