Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Easy Chicken Enchiladas!


     I made these for dinner tonight and they were a huge hit! The recipe came from the back of the container of the Philadelphia Santa Fe Blend Cooking Creme.  I had a coupon for the cooking creme and it was only going to cost me 50 cents to buy it so I figured I would give it a try and I'm very glad I did! I was surprised and how much I really liked the taste of the cooking creme! 
     When making these I didn't have a can of diced tomatoes so I just used fresh ones and I used 5 small chicken breasts and it was just the right amount. Also I added just a little bit of salsa to the chicken mixture.

INGREDIENTS
1 small onion, chopped
2 tsp. oil
3 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
1 can (14.5 oz) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
1 tub (10 oz) PHILADELPHIA Santa Fe Blend Cooking Creme, divided
1/2 cup KRAFT mexican style finely shredded four cheese
8 flour tortillas (6 inch)

MAKE IT
1. heat oven 350.
2. cook and stir onions in hot oil in large skillet on medium heat 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in chicken, tomatoes, 3/4 cup cooking creme and shredded cheese.
3. spoon in about 1/3 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla ; roll up. Place seam-sides down, in 13x9 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with remaining cooking creme. Cover.
4. bake 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through.

1 comment:

  1. Kenrick & I made these tonight! I made him cook the chicken and I did everything else! They were delicious! I put extra shredded cheese on top of them and we made refried beans and mexican rice for sides! (:

    ReplyDelete