Friday, November 11, 2011

Homemade Teriyaki Sauce!


     I absolutely love this recipe from heavenlyhomemakers.com!  It is the best tasting teriyaki sauce next to what you would get served in a restaurant. We use this on wings, chicken breast, pork, stir fry, and even as a dipping sauce for fries! I have tried many different kinds of teriyaki sauce they sell at the grocery stores but I am never really impressed and end up throwing the bottle of it away after using it just one time.  This recipe is really easy to make, it takes me about 10 minutes or less.  I wasn't able to find organic cornstarch that the recipe calls for at our commissary and didn't feel like venturing out to another store with three kiddos in tow just to find it so i settle for the regular kind! 

INGREDIENTS
1/4 cup tamari soy sauce
1 cup water
1-2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger or dry ground ginger (more or less to taste)
2 Tablespoons honey
1 minced garlic clove
2 Tablespoons organic cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water

MAKE IT
1. Combine 1 cup water, soy sauce, honey, garlic and ginger in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.  Dissolve cornstarch in 1/4 cup cold water and add to sauce.  Stir constantly and allow the sauce to thicken.  If the sauce is too thick, add a little bit of water or soy sauce to thin.


     When I make mine I end up with 1 1/2 cups!!!



1 comment:

  1. Ooooo definitely trying this! So easy! I'm loving your new blog Julie :)

    ReplyDelete