Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Rice Krispies Pops!

     These rice krispie treat pops are so yummy! When I decided to make these I originally was going to make them all look like turkey's. I came across the recipe for it in parents magazine and it seemed pretty easy but when I was trying to push the candy corns into it they kept falling apart and I found it to be pretty difficult. After some trial and error I figured out how to do these a little differently. After making the rice krispies into the balls shape I took some melted chocolate and dipped the end of the lollipop stick into it before inserting it into the ball....this helped it stick a little better! Then I stuck them into the freezer on wax paper for about 20 minutes to firm them up! After i took them out of the freezer i dipped them in the chocolate and let cool! The sky is the limit with these on decorating...just have fun!

INGREDIENTS
3 tbsp. butter or margarine
4 cups mini marshmallows
6 cups Kellogg's rice krispies cereal
12 oz package semisweet chocolate morsels
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
24 lollipop sticks or wooden ice cream sticks

MAKE IT
1. In a large pan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add rice krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
2. Using greased 1/4-cup measuring cup, divide warm cereal mixture into 24 portions. Using buttered hands, shape each portion into ball. Cool.
3. In microwave-safe bowl combine chocolate morsels and oil. Microwave on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Dip each ball into chocolate. Decorate with candy or sprinkles. Let stand until firm.

1 comment:

  1. They look Yummy....I think I will try them for an upcoming birthday party..

    ReplyDelete